When: October 2021, half-term school break
How many nights: 4
With whom: family of four (2 adults, and 2 teens of 15 and 17)
Which room type: 2 x Deluxe Natural Park View, connecting rooms
The Weather: Amazingly warm, around 23℃, ideal for sunbathing and golfing!
Just a short 30-minute drive from Lisbon Airport, in a serene national park, resides our family’s favourite and much-beloved vacation retreat.
We’ve stayed at the resort two times before, once in August 2013 and once in April 2018. Since our last stay, some very nice additions were added.
- the Interpretation Centre – an educational centre inside an old dovecote where both kids and adults can learn all about species still living in the surroundings
- Historical Circuit – a trainer guides you on this 60-minute wellness activity and takes you to the famous Penha Longa, meaning Long Rock. My smartwatch didn’t miss the physical challenge of going up the steep trail! The trail is followed by a tour to the Monastery and Japanese Gardens at the Spa.
- A life-size Chessboard in the gardens near B-Lounge
- Extension of the outdoor playground with challenging parkour for kids
Furthermore, we’ve enjoyed:
- The pampering 80-minutes Just for You Spa Treatment in the Couples Treatment room. This Ritual exists of a 50-minute Aromatic Massage, followed by a 30-minute Facial. Bliss!
- Swimming energizing morning laps in the indoor swimming pool
The Resort at a Glance
- 196 well-appointed guest rooms including connecting rooms for families
- Seven innovative restaurants offering a variety of cuisine at the Resort and two in Lisbon
- Three Michelin Star restaurants: LAB by Sergi Arola, Midori, and Eneko Lisboa (not on hotel grounds)
- 27 World Class golf holes designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- A Thai-inspired Spa with over 1,500 sqm
- Two outdoor pools (family & adults) and one indoor pool
- Numerous indoor and outdoor recreational activities
- Ritz Kids Program