Let’s start with some details about the trip I believe you should take too! As I am very sure that your family will love it just as much as we did.
There’s only one hotel you should stay, no need to compare any other hotel in the area. The five-star Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace is the type of hotel where you don’t want to leave. Here, you’ll feel right at home.
Versailles is like a Mini Paris, making it a perfect alternative. And I think that this gorgeous city should belong in any Top 10 of City Breaks!
Some details to give you an idea of the setting of our family city break
When: July 2021
How many nights: 5
With whom: family of four (2 adults and 2 teens of 14 and 16)
Which room type: Deluxe Palace Family Room, this royally-sized accommodation feels like a residence. It comes with three separate spaces.
The bathroom and main room with king-size bed both have small balconies.
And the connecting kid’s room has twin beds and large windows.
All overlooking the garden of the hotel and the golden tops of the Palace of Versailles.
The pictures on the hotel’s website did not do any justice to the rooms. The rooms were very up to date, stylish and beige coloured instead of purple.
GET A NON-BINDING PRICE QUOTE
directly from our Luxury Travel Consultant at 360 Private Travel
choose your travel dates to receive rates for your next family vacation at Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace, Versailles
About Sophibee’s Luxury Travel Agency
Thanks to 360 Private Travel’s membership of Virtuoso and over 15 luxury hotel brand programs, such as Hilton’s Impresario Program, you’ll enjoy the best rates, upgrades, and value-added VIP amenities at the world’s top hotels and spas.
Sophibee is an independent agent for 360 Private Travel. All flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme.
Must-Do’s in the Hotel
Of course, you’ll want to keep fit during your stay at this palace. So do like we did, and go for a round of tennis at one of the tennis courts in the garden of the hotel.
Or head straight to the fully-equipped Fitness Centre.
Or swim some laps in the huge indoor swimming pool. Your kids will have a fabulous time with the diving rings. Good to know, the indoor pool is supervised!
All these facilities are complimentary, a big plus!
After all these energising activities, pamper yourself with a treatment at the luxurious Guerlain Spa. Or take a romantic walk in the gardens of the hotel.
Go Culinary French Style
- Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, Michelin-starred restaurant.
We were lucky to get a spot at the Chef’s Table at Gordon Ramsay.
The exclusive views of the dynamic kitchen team, makes this unique and personal dining experience something you’ll never forget.
And of course, you’ll meet the Executive Chef and learn more about the culinary team and its thoughts behind the menu.
- Enjoy a glass of Sancerre at Bar Galerie at the hotel or outside, at the terrace with relaxing views of the hotel’s garden.
Outside the hotel
- Place du Marché – the popular Fresh Food Market within walking distance from the hotel. With lots of restaurants and bars around the halls.
Must-Do’s Outside The Hotel
The hotel is next to the entrance of the park of Versailles.
- Start your morning with a coffee break and a delicious macaron at Angelina next to the Domaine of Marie Antoinette. Just a short walk from the hotel.
Then walk to the Grand Canal, your stop for all things fun!
- Rent a rowing boat at the Grand Canal in the park of Versailles. It really looks easier than it is! Even with two rowers in our family, the experience was quite challenging but really fun!
The park at Grand Canal is ideal for a picnic or a delicious lunch at La Flotille
- Rent a Buggy and discover the gardens and palace of Versailles onboard an electric car with a built-in audio guide. I’m sure your kids would love to ride the buggy themselves, but unfortunately, the minimum age is 21 with a drivers licence.
And end your day with a shopping spree. For stylish boutiques, head to Rue de la Paroisse and Rue Hoche.
For a more serious shopping spree, head to Westfield Parly 2 shopping mall. It’s just a 5-minute drive from the hotel.
With over 150 well-known brands such as Claudie Pierlot, Maje, Sandro, Jacadi, Printemps department store and Dior. And for toys, La Grande Recré.
You can do all of the above, which we all did, by foot, except for Westfield. The location of the hotel is perfect for everything in Versailles!
1. Do not book another hotel right after your stay at this icon, as you’ll leave a bit spoiled.
2. When you visit Versailles in summertime (from mid-June to mid-September) every Saturday evening, you can enjoy the Fountain Night Shows with a fireworks display (we missed out the Saturday in Versailles☹️)
3. Make sure to book a table at Gordon Ramsay in advance. And note that the restaurant is closed for the summer vacation in the month of August.