The Resort at a Glance
Spanning 500 acres of scenic foothills, lavender fields, vineyards, and old-growth oaks, this sleek, 181-suite resort is all about pleasurable diversions.
Hike the trails and practice your warrior pose on the hilltop yoga platform. Spend a day at the spa or relaxing poolside. Of course, there are plenty of dining options and activities for children and for your four-legged friends as well.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR FAMILIES
Fun at the Ranch. The Ranch is home to Boer goats, Swiss saanen goats, chickens, deer, alpacas, and bees. Here, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make new friends, from animals to insects to humans!
- Three Saltwater Pools with a dedicated Family Pool with Splash Zone
One Old Ranch Road
Virtuoso Amenities at Carmel Valley Ranch
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- Daily breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom (value of up to $30.00 per person, per day)
- $100 USD Hotel or Resort credit to be used once during stay, applicable towards Spa, Food & Beverage, Golf and any fee-based activities ( Excludes retail, not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in / Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Carmel Valley Ranch is a place to grow young, where you can truly play—throwing caution to the wind, listening to your inner child, seeking pure, absolute fun.
The Ranch makes it possible to pursue all kinds of play, from activities that thrill to opportunities to chill. You can take in artisan demonstrations, experience a revitalizing spa treatment, explore vineyards and gardens, play the area’s only Pete Dye-designed golf course, and much more.
In June 2019, the resort unveiled a sweeping reimagination with enhancements including:
- The Market & Creamery, two interactive culinary spaces
- Redesigned suites featuring smart-room technology
- A new spa reception area and boutique
- A refresh of the golf clubhouse
- The Ranch also introduced experiential programming such as cheesemaking classes, falconry, and more.
Tucked away in the foothills of the Santa Lucia Mountains on the sunny side of the Monterey Peninsula, The Ranch has been named one of the top resorts in Northern California in Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious Readers’ Choice Awards. Situated on 500 lush acres adjacent to the 4,400-acre Garland Ranch Regional Park, The Ranch offers easy access to miles of scenic hiking vineyards, gardens, and other natural wonders.