Let’s start the new year with a great new adventure in Japan.
The itinerary of Adventures by Disney® is the best I’ve seen so far. It is filled with interesting and fun-filled activities for the whole family, plus excellent accommodations too.
10-Days Highlights Itinerary Japan: Kyoto, Hiroshima, Takayama, Tokyo
Starting with a Rickshaw ride to explore Kyoto and a magical Bamboo Forest. Followed by a performance of a Geisha in training, hopping on board of the high-speed bullet train, a visit to Hiroshima Peace Park and an Origami Crane Experience.
And there’s more, a trail of 10.000 torii gates, watching a sumo demonstration, calligraphy lessons and magnificent views on top of the Tokyo Tower. On top of that, a visit to a fish market, a tea ceremony, Teamlab Borderless 3-d world and crossing the famous intersection Shibuya.
Exploring Japan with a rickshaw, train, walking tours, bikes and riverboat.
Rickshaw Tour: Arashiyama & Bamboo Forest, Maiko Performance Dinner
- explore Kyoto from a traditional Rickshaw, also ride into a magical bamboo forest
- temples and bamboo forest by foot
- dinner at upscale Sodoh
- Maiko — Geisha in training —
Hiroshima Peace Park, Okonomiyaki Dinner Experience
- board the famed high-speed bullet train, the Shinkansen Train to Hiroshima and Miyajima Island, known as Island of Gods
- Hiroshima Peace Park, dedicated to memories of victims of the atomic bomb, dropped on August 6th 1945.
- Origami Crane Experience. An ancient legend of 10-year-old Sadako Sasaki, anyone who folds a 1000 origami cranes, will be granted a wish by the gods.
Hozugawa River Boat Ride, Bento Box Cooking Class, Honpō-ji Temple Tour & Taiko Drumming, Hōzen-ji Temple
- River Boat Ride on the Hozugawa River, including exciting rapids.
- Bento Box Cooking Class. Authentic Japanese cuisine, learn how to create a traditional bento box.
- Demonstration of Taiko drumming
Fushimi Inari Shrine & Torii Trail, Kehaya-za Sumo Experience & Museum
- Trail of over 10.000 orange Torii gates, leading you to the sacred Mt. Inari and the Fushimi Taisha Shrine.
- Watch a live Sumo demonstration
Historic Village of Shirakawa-go, Countryside Bike Ride
- UNESCO World Heritage Site, a walking tour of Shirakawa-go, a fascinating village.
- bike trip into a farming village and learn about the Satoyama history. Travel through rice fields and charming streets
Guided Food Tasting Walking Tour of Historic Takayama Market District & Calligraphy Lesson
- Food Tasting Walking Tour in Takayama. Sample local fare such as sake, dumplings, tofu, miso.
- Hands-on lessons in the art of calligraphy
- Panoramic nighttime Tour of Central Tokyo and walk the famous Shibuya Crossing – the busiest intersection in the world. over 1000 people crossing in all directions with each light change
Happo-en Gardens & Tea Ceremony, Tokyo Tower
- Traditional Tea Ceremony at Happo-en Gardens & Tea House
- Tokyo Tower, 13 meters taller than the Eiffel Tower.
Toyosu Fish Market, Farewell Dinner at The Peninsula Tokyo Sky Room
- Toyosu Fish Market. Watch the market in action from the 2nd floor and lunch with the freshest of seafood straight from the market
- Teamlab Borderless 3-d world of borderless art, a museum without a map
- Farewell dinner at The Peninsula Tokyo Sky room, 24th floor, with a seamless view over Hibiya Park and vibrant Ginza District.